Monday 22 September 2014

Broke Ass September - Week 3


Week 3, Day 1:
 
Monday was Monday… on the plus side I got to Skype my Mum, little brother and sister in law this morning before work for her birthday and then headed off for a massive day at work. 

I forgot to bring my lunch to work, so I ate cereal.

Went straight home after work with a pizza craving and made some dough and heaps of homemade pizzas! There’s lunch for tomorrow sorted. While the dough was mixing in the breadmaker I Skyped England again as it’s was now Mum’s birthday there and managed to catch up with my two nephews as well. 

Josh will be 5 in a month so I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and a Skylanders figure it is… Knockout Terrafin seems to be the one to get, so let’s see how that goes…

Total Spend: $0


Week 3, Day 2:

Enjoyed my mushroom pizza in between the batshittery that was my day at work! Can’t wait until the election is over on the weekend, even if that isn’t the only source of work stress.

Desperately needed some company and a beer so I headed off to knitting not realising I had a migraine brewing. L Had a beer and some fries ($21.50) after eating all of my friends last week. Struggled through 4 rows of the cardi I’m knitting my mother for her birthday (which was Monday) and then staggered to the bus stop to get home.

By the time I got home my neck was very tight and I couldn’t see out of one eye, throbbing and sharp pains in my skull. So I had a short bath to try and relax and was in bed by about 8.30pm!

Total Spend: $21.50


Week 3, Day 3: 

Woke up after a decent night’s sleep only to find that the headache remains. Things are so nuts at work that I can’t even think of staying home, so I’ll head in and see how the day goes.

Made it to work, made it through a hell of a day, and didn’t eat lunch because food made me gag. Lots of cups of tea and one chocolate afghan cookie that a colleagues daughter makes = $2

Went down to the Pharmacy for Panadine ($19.99 for 40 tabs) bought on the flat account and agreed with flatmate to give her half and it be a flat expense = $0

Straight home on the bus to bed.

Total Spend: $2


Week 3, Day 4:

Managed to leave my lunch at home again and due to the headache from hell had no motivation to eat cereal so caved and ate a $5.50 Whopper Jr Stunner Meal (burger, fries, drink & sundae).

A friend was sick and feeling very sorry for herself so I stopped at the supermarket and bought her some treats (free-range chicken soup, Whittaker’s macadamia nut chocolate, Food magazine, cinnamon donuts and flowers!) and then bussed over to her placed for a couple of hours before heading home = $26.13

Also bought a ticket to this awesome event that I haven’t really looked at, but seriously Parrot Dog beer + Dinosaurs = guaranteed awesomeness!!! = $25

But on the upside, I sold a few things on TradeMe and that covered the little extravagances = $61

Total Spend: $56.63 - $61 = -$4.37


Week 3, Day 5: 

Got to work and ate a muesli bar for breakfast.

Did something I had been asked to do in a testing software phase and got rewarded with a Crunchie. Inside the wrapper I won another Crunchie so I’m keeping that for next time I have a sugar craving and no money.

Sold something else on TradeMe so that’s another $20 in the positive! The week is definitely looking up. 

Went and voted at lunchtime today, did an advance vote as today is the 121st anniversary of the women of New Zealand being able to vote!

On my way back to the office I gave $4 to a homeless person outside my office.

Finished work early and headed to a friends via Moore Wilson’s. Picked up supplies for dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow and for the sausage rolls I’m making for the election night party we are going to tomorrow night = $30.83

Spent the evening making 80 mini sausage rolls from Free Range pork, vege burgers and vegetable soup. I've done another blog post with the recipes so you can take a look if you want.

Total Spend: $34.83 - $20 = -$14.83


Week 3, Day 6:

Nice quiet day. Walked along Lyall Bay beach with my friend once she’d voted, collecting driftwood, shells and interesting rocks for our fish tanks, walking the dogs as well. The rocks ended up WAY too heavy to carry, so we put them under a tree to come back for later.

Did our little bit for the South Coast Clean Up effort and picked up any rubbish we found along the way.

Got back to the house and a nice warm fire and bowls of the lovely vege soup I made from the leftovers from my vege patties last night.

Headed out to grab a change of clothes, some beer (Garage Project BEER = $15.30 plus a bottle of Aro Noir for my friends flatmate who drove us all the way out to Karori = $12) and a trip to the supermarket for my friend to do her weekly shop, picked up ingredients for homemade muesli and for onion dip = $17.94 This is from my grocery budget so won’t count towards today’s total.

Nice night out with a great group of people, sausage rolls went down a treat (and so quick I didn’t even get a photo!) just a pity about the result!

Caught the bus most of the way home and walked the last bit, was lovely and clear and a nice way to end the day.

Total Spend: $27.30


Week 3, Day 7: 

Had the BEST sleep in, wasn’t fully conscious till around 10.30am and woke up to a hot cup of (soy) milky tea and puppy cuddles in bed! SO GREAT…

My friend’s sister had asked if we’d take her niece to the zoo, on a day like today? Sunshine, warm breeze, wild animals and seeing it all through a 4 year olds eyes? Oh what a hardship… not!

Because Miss4 has a Zoo Crew pass, I got in free and my friend volunteers, entry = $0

We saw a lion, lemurs, Meer cats, patted a kangaroo, Tasmanian devils were soooo cute! The giraffe’s teased us by walking between viewing areas in the opposite direction to us and I had a staring competition with a Cheetah! (he won.)

We stopped for an ice-cream and chips = $3.60 for my share and I bought Miss4 a Meer Cat pencil in the gift shop = $4.95. NB: 4 year olds really do ask 'Why?' as much as people joke they do!

Headed home a happy lady to make muesli and soup from the leftovers in the fridge: eggplant, parsnip, carrot and onion.

Total Spend: $8.55


Week 3 Total spend: $78.55 – an average of $11.22 per day!


No comments:

Post a Comment