Monday 5 April 2010

Invitations

I wonder sometimes what it is about me that leaves me so often off the invite list to impromptu gatherings of my friends...

I have encountered this so often in my past and never really figured out an answer... I seem to have many friends and acquaintances, although I only truly get along with a small group of people, but I often seem to get left out.

I feel like the kid chosen last for the sports team (which I often was - at least that was because I sucked at sport!).


moan moan moan, poor me, diddums but it does hurt not to be included.

Sometimes I think I should push more to be involved, but when I have done this in the past I often feel like a party crasher, and a few months ago I included myself in something that was in the public domain and when I told people I knew were going to be there that I was joining them I got a horribly negative response which immediately made me feel unwanted and spoilt the entire evening for me.

Maybe I'm too sensitive but as I said to a friend yesterday, I don't mind being alone, I just hate being lonely...

No comments:

Post a Comment