Sunday 30 May 2010

New Friends, Romans and Countrymen

So I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my social life or lack there of and decided in a "You are a Master of your own destiny" kind of way, that I need to make more of an effort at life and stress less about work...

So the stressing less about work isn't going so well but I'm working on it....


But the making new friends thing is brilliant. I've started putting myself out there a bit, not freaking out and deciding that someone won't want to do something before I even ask and actually asking!

Met a couple of really nice/interesting/fun people a friends party a few weeks back and since then I've seen a movie, gone out for dinner, had a girls night out, seen a group of bands and been round to someones house with a group for drinks before a party... I know, normal everyday events really but I can't remember how long it's been since I've had friends I could do this with...

I'm starting to feel like I'm a real person again... without knowing it I was empty inside and it was making me unmotivated and listless... now I'm feeling more alive!

Amazing what a few new friends can do for your self esteem...

Here's to new friends!

2 comments:

  1. i have similar feeling occasionally...
    great that you reach out and try to do sth:)

    i'm still gathering courage to do it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the best piece of advice i got was "Just say Yes when someone invites you out" it's a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete