Tuesday 29 June 2010

The ups and downs on the Corporate Ladder

So work... I'm not sure which I like more... my job or the Kudos it provides me...

I'm in a high profile position and get to liaise with all sorts of amazing people, there are tremendous perks (I got nearly $500 worth of dresses for nothing last week - well I say nothing but really I worked my arse off for them), but I also get stressed out and tired and over it on a regular basis...

Should I really be living my life thinking "When there are more bad bits than good bits, I'll move on"?


And not only that... what the hell would I do if I did move on? It's a fairly unique job after all and I would not want to move backwards! I've done that a few times already in order to gain more experience and move on in what I want to do - and now that I'm finally in a position akin to what I was after in life - I don't really want to do anything else...

I guess I just want to be able to do what I do better. If I was better at my job, or at least parts of it, then I think I would be less stressed, get less wrong and move forward more...

First step... learning to delegate... watch this space for the trials and tribulations of me trying to learn this skill and then of me trying to master it... cause my expectations are so high that no one can do it like me and I end up doing it myself lol! Need to learn to let go and let someone else make mistakes for a while... I'm sure they will eventually catch on and then I might be able to get some work done!!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment