Saturday 21 May 2011

Message to a Younger me….

So, a friend of mine on Twitter recently wrote a blog on what he would tell a younger him… so I’m writing one to a younger me…

- Be proud of being a redhead… one day people will think it’s sexy…
- Be proud of who you are… don’ let the bullies rule your world, there is something out there for everyone

- You don’t like her ‘just because she looks like a boy’. You’re Bisexual and there is NOTHING wrong with that, no matter what anyone says… and don’t be scared, your parents and family will not disown you, in fact they will look up to you and respect you for being who you really are.
- If you want to go to church, go, but shop around, find a church that isn’t going to look down their nose and tell you you have a problem.
- Do not go to Crystal’s house and get drunk with those boys. It does not end well and fucks you up for a really long time.
- Do not sleep with anyone who will not introduce you to his or her friends or family, they do not respect you and are not worth having around.
- Do not get involved with anyone who thinks it’s okay to have you as the other woman, respect yourself.
- If you go home from work and cry because you hate it… leave. You have the intelligence and skills to make it no matter what you chose to do and you will prove it over and over again…
- Do not get 3 credit cards at the same time, with the money you spend repaying them you could put a decent deposit on a mansion!
- Make the most of EVERY opportunity… it’s fun to look back and be able to say you’re an artist, photographer, ex-cheerleader, that you went to school with someone who help NZ Breakers win the NBL in 2011!.

There are things I wouldn’t change if I could about my past, and things I would go back to in a heartbeat but I can not live it again. The rapture is supposed to happen in less than an hour… I wonder which side of heaven I’ll end up on…

No comments:

Post a Comment